I’m always looking for things to do with my two girls. Here is an activity that is quick, easy, and teaches your kids the importance of not wasting items. Furthermore, it also teaches your kids that sometimes you can take something that seems broken and unusable and make it brand new.
Silicon Candy Mold (in a cute shape or animal works well)
How To Make
1. Using the scissors cut up the broken crayon pieces into smaller pieces and shavings.
2. Fill the silicon candy mold with the crayon pieces and shavings. Try to use all the colors of the rainbow to fill each mold.
3. Microwave for 3 minutes.
4. Be very careful! It will be hot. Let it sit for a few minutes. Do not let the kids touch it!
5. After it has cooled a bit. Stick the candy mold into the fridge. Let it harden.
6. Remove your new crayons and let your kids color with them.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung grew up in Sacramento, California. She is a Proud Mom, DrPH, MBA, Foodie, Writer, Blogger, Adoption Advocate, INFJ, & Breast Cancer Survivor. Jax is the owner of the award winning Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. She is also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune, and freelances for Sacramento4Kids, and many other publications. She was voted Sacramento Area A-List Best Local Blogger 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. In 2019 & 2022 Jax was recognized for Outstanding Service & Dedication to Elk Grove and also received an Award of Recognition from the California State Senate. Jax lives in Elk Grove, California with her 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa, 1 dog named Marshmallow, and 2 cats named Mochi and Miso. .To follow her journey please like her Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow her Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow her Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.