My husband likes this recipe. It’s perfect when you want something warm and meaty and will satisfy any carnivore. It also freezes pretty well.
2 lbs beef stew meat (cubed)
6 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 32 oz boxes beef broth
1 bunch celery
1 yellow onion (chopped)
3 tablespoons flour
3 large carrots (peeled and cut into rounds) or 1 1lb bag baby carrots
3 or 4 red or Yukon potatoes
Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
Old Bay Seasoning
fresh ground pepper
1. Take a large soup pot or Dutch oven and brown the beef stew meat in the olive oil. Use a slotted spoon to lift out the beef and set aside.
2. Chop up the celery and the onion and mince the garlic cloves. Cook in the pot until the onions become translucent. Add in the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add in the beef broth, the beef cubes, the carrots, and the potatoes.
3. Season with Cavender’s Greek Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, cayenne pepper, chile powder, paprika, cumin. If you’re in doubt, use a few pinches of each. Cover the pot and let simmer on medium heat for approximately 1 hour. Stir every 20 minutes. Remember to always put the lid back on the pot.
4. As the beef stew is finishing, season with fresh ground pepper and salt to taste. Do not over salt.
5. Serve by itself or over rice or noodles.
Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung grew up in Sacramento, California. She is a Christian Wife, Proud Mom, Major Foodie, Sacramento Native, Elk Grove Resident, Feminist, Adoption Advocate, Blogger, Freelance Writer, and Cat Lover. Jax is the owner of the award winning Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. She is also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune, and freelances for Sacramento4Kids, and many other publications. She was voted Sacramento Area A-List Best Local Blogger 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. In 2019 Jax was recognized for Outstanding Service & Dedication to Elk Grove and also received an Award of Recognition from the California State Senate. Jax is married to Dr. Kenneth Cheung (Kenny). Jax and Kenny live in Elk Grove, California and have 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa, and 3 cats named Mochi, Miso, and Mango. To follow her journey please like her Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow her Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow her Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.