About Jax – Dr. Jacqueline “Jax” Cheung
- April 24, 2017
- 0 comments
- Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung
- Posted in FamilyHome & Family UpdatesLife
Elk Grove Blogger | Sacramento Blogger | Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry
Hi there and thank you for supporting Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry!
Here are 10 random facts about me.
1) I don’t tend to run with the crowd. I march to my own beat. I’m feisty, quirky, and independent. Ask anybody who knows me. I’m really not your typical anything. If you try to put me into a box, I will confuse you.
2) I’m a VERY petite woman. For the most part I like being petite. But I do struggle to find clothing in my size.
3) I am a night owl. You’ll find me doing most of my posts between 12-3am.
4) I am a Christian. Though in the past and in my college years, I strayed away from God, I have found that my life makes the most sense when I’m closer to God. I’ve been told I’m a bit liberal for a Christian. I believe this is because I am accepting of all people and refuse to condemn them. God teaches us to love and I constantly remind myself that we are all God’s children. I attend E2 Church in Elk Grove.
5) I grew up believing I was 100% Cantonese Chinese and speak both English and fluent Cantonese. I can speak a fair amount of conversational Mandarin but am by no means fluent in Mandarin. Due to DNA testing by 23 & Me and services such as We Gene, I have discovered I am not full Chinese, although I am mostly Chinese. 23 & me says I am 76.2% Chinese, 8.7% Chinese Dai, 8.5% Vietnamese, 6.1% Broadly Chinese & Southeast Asia, 0.4% Indonesian/Thai/Khymer & Myanmar, and 0.1% Broadly Central & South Asian. We Gene says I am 94.03% Chinese (78.05% Southern Han Chinese, 8.54% Gaoshan, 3.31% Hmong-Mien, 2.53% Dai, and 1.57% She), 3.25% Indian, 1.18% Vietnamese, 1.18% Thai, and 0.36% Oceanian. We Gene is supposed to be more credible for Asian ethnicities and 23 & Me is supposed to be good for a general overview of your ethnicity and connecting to blood relatives. I identify as Cantonese Chinese.
6) Those closest to me tend to be empathetic and considerate people who like helping others, are able to rejoice in the successes of those around them, don’t gossip, and don’t cause drama. I veer away from people who don’t exhibit these qualities. Okay, I run away from them like the plague.
7) I am breast cancer survivor. Because of this, I live a healthy lifestyle. I actually eat a lot of plant based meals and limit my consumption of beef and pork.
8) One of my favorite movies is Cloud Atlas and this is my favorite quote from the movie.
“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness we birth our future.” -Sonmi 451
9) Settlers of Catan is my favorite board game and Angry Birds 2 and Words With Friends and Wordle are my favorite games on my iPhone. I am also pretty good at chess.
10) If you’re familiar with Myers Briggs, I’m an INFJ. I am an introvert with some extroverted tendencies. I genuinely like meeting new people. I genuinely find happiness in trying to lift up people in my life.
How I Started Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry
I’m Jax. I am a Sacramento Blogger and an Elk Grove Blogger. I’m a Christian Wife, Proud Mom, Major Foodie, Sacramento Native, Elk Grove Resident, Feminist, Adoption Advocate, Blogger, Freelance Writer, and Cat Lover.
I grew up in Sacramento and have deep family roots in Hong Kong. I started this blog Jax Chronicles in 2003 as a way to document my life. Over time, Jax Chronicles evolved into a foodie blog, and later on, an adoption and mommy blog as well. Most recently, it has become an adoption ministry.
About Jax Chronicles
Jax Chronicles is my award winning foodie, mommy, adoption advocacy, parenting, and local events blog and adoption ministry. I’m a passionate supporter of child adoption, have a heart for cats, and love eating good food and trying new recipes. Take a peek into my crazy life as a Mom while I give you the 411 on Sactown and Nor Cal eats and create yummy and healthy recipes for you to try. Jax Chronicles allows people to see me as a wife and mommy, and is also a way to let people see what adoption and motherhood is really like, and interesting places, foods, services, and events to check out (mostly in the Greater Sacramento area). Think of me as your go to personal reference on anything to do with Sacramento, Elk Grove, Nor Cal eats, family friendly recipes, parenting hacks, child adoption, or local events.
I strive to uplift people and businesses in my local community, keep people informed, advocate for child adoption, and support other families. Jax Chronicles is a multi-faceted endeavor which also serves as a base for my freelance writing and my collaborations and partnerships with local businesses. I offer a variety of writing services, ad services, and social media services. I am also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune. As a freelance writer I also write for Sacramento4Kids. Come journey with me. Welcome to my world!
About Elk Grove Tribune
The Elk Grove Tribune is an Elk Grove news site which portrays community happenings and events, food and business reviews, local news and crime, and supports local people and business. We are based in Elk Grove, California. I am proud to be a part of this exciting news media site and to lead our amazing team of writers and photographers. Elk Grove Tribune is of, by, and for Elk Grove!
I am an award winning Elk Grove Blogger and Sacramento Blogger. As a Sacramento Blogger and Elk Grove Blogger, my blog Jax Chronicles has won several awards including the Sacramento A-List Best Local Blogger 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. I was also named one of the Best Parent Bloggers 2017 in Sacramento by Chatterblocks (1 of 8). In March 2019 and 2022 I received recognition for Outstanding Service & Dedication to the City of Elk Grove and also received an Award of Recognition from the California State Senate. More than anything I really just appreciate the incredible people that I’ve met through this experience.
I began my career in the legal field and as a writer for a student paper and a local paper. I have career experiences which include marketing, journalism, non-profit, public health, and business consulting. During a career experience at a non-profit, I realized that my job simply did not encompass all of the things I was passionate about. I decided to start a company that drew upon my education and career experiences.
I started my blog Jax Chronicles in 2003 and earned a reputation as a foodie/mommy blogger and as an adoption advocate. In May of 2011, I launched Go Jade Solutions, a Business Development & Consulting company and ran this until April 2017. I continued to run Jax Chronicles as well. In April 2017 I closed Go Jade Solutions to focus more on Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry as well as my freelance writing. In April 2017, I filed for a business license for Jax Chronicles and it became Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. I began writing for Elk Grove Tribune in Aug 2017 as a Staff Writer and in Nov 2017 I became the Editor-In-Chief.
I work from home as the Owner/Blogger of Jax Chronicles Blog and Adoption Ministry and the Editor-In_Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune. I also write for Sacramento4Kids,a free online website resource for families with kids in the Sacramento area. Essentially my job titles are “Owner/Blogger,” “Editor-In-Chief,” “Freelance Writer,” “Adoption Advocate,” not to mention “Mommy,” and “Christian.” I am a very busy woman but I take great joy in my family and friends, and in uplifting people and businesses in my local community.
My Life & Family
I am a single Mom. I have 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa and 3 cats named Mochi, Miso, and Mango. As a Christian, I firmly believe in the power of prayer. In my spare time I enjoy helping others, spending time with family and friends, playing or eating with my daughters, cooking or eating great food and then blogging about it, creating Instant Pot recipes, bbqing and swimming all year long, playing Settlers of Catan, Angry Birds 2, Words With Friends, Wordle, and chess, watching live bands, painting rocks, gardening succulents, social marketing, networking, web design, light shows, the beach, and essential oils.
I believe God gives each of us specific gifts and has Angels protecting each and every one of us. Angels are all around us. I would like to fully embrace and utilize all the gifts that God has given me and connect more with my Angels. As an adoptive Mom, I am a strong supporter of child adoption. I also have a heart for animals and have fostered many cats.
I really cherish my awesome family and all my good friends. They lift me up. I strive to live my life with passion, compassion, and integrity. I’m about acceptance, respect, and love…the manna to the soul we all crave. I’m about living your life with hope and faith, helping people to fulfill their potential, and rejoicing in the success and happiness of those around me. I try to use my strengths to have a positive effect on the world and to always lift up my loved ones.
To follow my journey please like my Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow my Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow my Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.
To follow Elk Grove Tribune please like our Elk Grove Tribune Facebook page, follow our Instagram @elkgrovetribune, follow our Twitter @elkgrovetribune, or check out Elk Grove Tribune.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung grew up in Sacramento, California. She is a Proud Mom, DrPH, MBA, Foodie, Writer, Blogger, Adoption Advocate, INFJ, & Breast Cancer Survivor. Jax is the owner of the award winning Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. She is also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune, and freelances for Sacramento4Kids, and many other publications. She was voted Sacramento Area A-List Best Local Blogger 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. In 2019 & 2022 Jax was recognized for Outstanding Service & Dedication to Elk Grove and also received an Award of Recognition from the California State Senate. Jax lives in Elk Grove, California with her 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa, 1 dog named Marshmallow, and 2 cats named Mochi and Miso. .To follow her journey please like her Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow her Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow her Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.
Comments are closed.