10 Books That Have Impacted My Life
- September 18, 2014
- 0 comments
- Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung
- Posted in BooksLifeReviews
For those of you that don’t know, I am an avid reader. Although I certainly have less time now since we have Roxy, I really enjoy reading. I was asked by a friend to list books that have had an impact on my life. I thought about it for awhile and came up with 10 both non-fiction and fiction books, Christian and non-Christian books. I am choosing to share them all with you. I’m putting the Bible 1st for obvious reasons and putting the rest in no particular order.
2. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom (Great book which contains sound advice for living.)
3. In The Meantime by Iyanla Vansant (If you’re doing soul searching or trying to figure out what makes you happy in life, I highly recommend this book.)
4. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
5. Empress by Shan Sa (Love this book about Empress Wu)
6. Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck (Love this book about Tzu Hzi, known as the Empress Dowager. She was selected as a imperial concubine by the Emperor, gave birth to her son who became Emperor, and despite the fact that she was a female, maintained absolute control over China for decades. When her son passed away, her nephew succeeded him as the last Emperor of China.)
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry (Fictional but great story and very eye-opening. This book about a 12 year old boy named Jonas takes you through his life, where personal choice is removed, difference is discouraged, and everything possible is regulated.)
8. Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian (This book really helped me to handle things in my life by trusting in God and using the power of prayer.)
9. Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilsom Rawls (Obvious classic)
10. Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman (Inspiring book by the wife of Stephen Curtis Chapman. The Chapman family adopted 3 daughters from China , had to cope with the death of their 5 year old adopted daughter, and their testimony of faith in adversity really inspired me when we were in process.)
Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung grew up in Sacramento, California. She is a Proud Mom, DrPH, MBA, Foodie, Writer, Blogger, Adoption Advocate, INFJ, & Breast Cancer Survivor. Jax is the owner of the award winning Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. She is also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune, and freelances for Sacramento4Kids, and many other publications. She was voted Sacramento Area A-List Best Local Blogger 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. In 2019 & 2022 Jax was recognized for Outstanding Service & Dedication to Elk Grove and also received an Award of Recognition from the California State Senate. Jax lives in Elk Grove, California with her 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa, 1 dog named Marshmallow, and 2 cats named Mochi and Miso. .To follow her journey please like her Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow her Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow her Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.
Comments are closed.