This dish has Asian flavors of hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, ginger and garlic. This has become a signature dish of mine that my husband asks me to make again and again.
2.5 tablespoons sesame oil
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 large yellow onion, minced
¾ cup chicken broth
1.5 tablespoons ginger, minced
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch kale, stems removed
1 bunch celery, chopped into small pieces
toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large wok or frying pan, heat the sesame oil over high heat. Add the chicken thighs and take your time to thoroughly cook them through until they are browned on both sides. Remove and put onto a plate.
3. In the same frying pan or wok, add in the minced onion and celery and stir fry until the onion is translucent. Add the chicken broth. Stir in the minced ginger, 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (keep 1 tablespoon back for the kale), 2 tablespoons honey, and the minced garlic.
4. Place everything (except for the kale which you will cook separately), including the chicken thighs into a large oven proof glass baking dish or a roasting pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the toasted sesame seeds.
7. Cook the kale in the same frying pan or wok as before, adding 1 tablespoon oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce.
8. Serve the kale with the chicken. This meal goes well with noodles or white rice.
Dr. Jacqueline "Jax" Cheung grew up in Sacramento, California. She is a Christian Wife, Proud Mom, Major Foodie, Sacramento Native, Elk Grove Resident, Feminist, Adoption Advocate, Blogger, Freelance Writer, and Cat Lover. Jax is the owner of the award winning Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption Ministry. Jax won Sacramento Area A-List Local Best Blogger 2014, 2015, and 2017 and Best of Elk Grove Best Blogger 2016 & 2017. She is also the Editor-In-Chief of the Elk Grove Tribune, and freelances for Sacramento4Kids, and many other publications. Jax is married to Dr. Kenneth Cheung (Kenny). Jax and Kenny live in Elk Grove, California and have 2 daughters named Roxy and Carissa, and 3 cats named Mochi, Miso, and Mango. To follow her journey please like her Jax Chronicles Facebook page, follow her Instagram @jaxchronicles, follow her Twitter @jaxchronicles, or check out Jax Chronicles Blog & Adoption ministry.